You Are Not Like Me by Monika Singh

by - April 03, 2021

In our daily life, we make most of our decisions based on our emotions. We judge people based on how we feel & not how they are.

In this journey of keeping many temporary people closer, we lose many secret admirers, well-wishers, and good friends, knowingly or unknowingly.
Just because we do not feel that vibe that we are similar, and why? Because of our habit of making decisions in a hurry, random irrelevant advice; which are creating insecurities in our minds and our hearts.


Everyone is unique in their way. And the way they live their life & treat people can be quite different. The way they accept people in their life can be different. Meanwhile, today's generation believes more in showing off & loudness of words.

If you are an introvert like me, you can be lost like an invisible man.
Even if people know that socializing is exhausting for you & you also need lots of courage to show up or start a conversation. But it does not matter how hard you try. They are not going to notice your efforts. Because these things are so common for extroverts & your efforts are always negligible for them.

So, we are not similar.
If you are going to judge people in the first meeting, you can't observe a lot of hidden similar traits in them.
It may take several days or even months to identify people because people do not want to open up so easily if they do not want to repeat past life mistakes.

For example:
If I keep my good sides in front of you first, probably you'll not be able to digest & ignore me!
If I keep my worst sides in front of you first, probably you'll avoid me. 
But what is the point if I have to show my good sides to those who will only use me?
What is the benefit of showing my worst sides - all the time, to those who are trying to fill the colors in my life?

Let us keep it natural & genuine most of the time. You'll find the right people at the right time.
The moment we realize the importance of self-love first, we can also recognize the importance of excellent & genuine people; who know how to accept people as they're. Along with it, we also realize that if temporary people want to leave us, let them go.
Do not think that they will lose you. Careless & incredibly selfish people are not going to care for you! Never!!!

What if I say accepting differences is an art in which not everyone is good?
If you are observing differences in someone's behavior, that does not mean that person will destroy your mental peace. It can be possible that you'll end up learning many things from that person. And based on differences, you can be genuine & good long-term friends.

I want to discuss it more in-depth, but then you'll feel it is lengthy. So, I'll describe it in my upcoming book. Till then, let me end it here with a few essential words.

Mark the difference & Learn to accept differences. We both are unique. This is the thing we need to accept.
I am not like you, and you are not like me. But that does not mean I can not like you.
But, Human beings are controlled by their emotions, that's why lack of Common Sense is really common nowadays.
So, do not bother! Learn to live for yourself first, and learn to enjoy this beautiful life daily!

You may also like: Books for a better life

Am I Like You?
Are You Like Me?
Regards Monika Singh

You May Also Like

0 comments