Shashank Kumar : Teenage Author, YouTuber | Author Interview

by - January 16, 2021


Shashank Kumar is a student and author from Bihar. As a newcomer in the field of literature, he has published his debut novel “An Inspirational Vengeance” and worked in two anthologies as well.

From an early age, he has been fond of writing. Being from a state where the literacy rate is not so well, it’s his dream to uplift his state. Many famous personalities have represented Bihar in top-level competitions, so he, too, wants to be a part of it.

He is a teenager yet an undergraduate student at Delhi University. He has a keen interest in kho - kho and cricket. He is a rising YouTuber as well. He is working on his 3rd novel.

His goal is:- to work for laws and society. He wants to acquire all the qualities which a multi-talented guy should have.

Author Shashank

Questions and Answers!

A conversation between Monika Singh & Author Shashank Kumar


Monika: Mr. Shashank! Describe literary success!

Shashank: Literary success means a lot to me. It’s enthusiastic. When I stepped into the field of literature, I met many new faces who were somehow related to literature, and they helped me out. It is always a great treat to succeed in this golden field.

MonikaWhat was the best money you ever spent as a writer?

Shashank: The best money I have spent as a writer was when I was out of ideas and wanted to stay in peace for some time to think it over. But due to some “aatank baads” (cousins), It was tough. So what I did is that I gave them a party so that they would maintain peace.

MonikaWhich one do you write about most often? (child, teenager, young adult). How do you select the names of your characters?

Shashank: Well, on that front, I would like to say that I always go for teenagers while writing. I always focus on the teens of this era. Sometimes selecting the 

The characters' names become hectic, so I put the words of my friends. 

MonikaDo you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?

Shashank: Yes, I do read reviews on my book title. See, your plot can be interesting for someone, but it also can be boring for someone. So it depends on which genre they like to read. Whether the review is good or bad. I always take it positively and try not to repeat those mistakes.

MonikaHow did publishing your first book change your process of writing?

Shashank: Well, my first title made me feel the actual value of words and emotions. 

When readers go through your content and give feedback, it becomes the most important thing for a writer to earn good feedback because they work tough to complete a book. The same happened to me. My first title changed my writing skills, like where to put different emotions, where not to run by putting anything in the content, etc.

MonikaWhat is the best way to market your books?

Shashank: I think the best way to market books is- through reviews. The more positive response you will get, the more highlight your title will be. Moreover, the reviewers play a significant role in highlighting a book.

MonikaDo you think someone could be a writer if they don’t feel emotions strongly?

Shashank: Not at all. To be an author or a writer, the first thing is feeling. One should feel the atmosphere and those scenes. Then only they can pen that down so that readers can enjoy it.

MonikaWhat are common traps for aspiring writers?

Shashank: First, I would like to say that trap is everywhere in every field of life. Aspiring writers wish to showcase their talent but get stuck in the wrong hands. I won’t reveal names, but I will suggest to everyone that one should check and recheck, and then only they should make any agreement to publish or submit their content.

MonikaWhat is the greatest difference between book lovers and book reviewers, according to you? What is your opinion about those people who judge your book based on the cover?

Shashank: Interesting one! See, book lovers generally love to read books according to their fixed genre, which they adore. They are not there to help any author often, and yes, inevitable mistakes need to be edited. They go through your contents, and the worst thing is that they decide on a book by it is cover often. They prefer to read only those titles with awesome covers, irrespective of the viral content. But when it comes to reviewers plus book lovers, who love their work, they give their best. They check every line and let authors know if there is any edit needed or not. They do speak the truth and help authors to rise and shine. They love to go through every title to promote the authors. 

MonikaHow many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

Shashank: I’ve four unpublished contents and two finished books.

Here are links to finished books!

An Inspirational Vengeance

The Love You Feel


Love it?

Read More Interviews

You May Also Like

0 comments